Lately, possibly due to stress, or possibly because I changed birth control pills then went off of them completely (due to insurance, yadda, yadda, blah), I've been breaking out more then usual. Normally I get one or two zits close to my period, but for the last few months, it's been a consistent smattering of blemishes. Yes, it's not a pretty thing, sorry to tarnish your imagined hot, sexy image of me, but I'm just being honest. It started off on my forehead, and has worked it's way down to my jawline, which is weird. So my forehead cleared, then I broke out on my cheek, cheek cleared, down to my chin, etc. It's stopped at my chin/jawline.

Obviously, since then, I've been trying all kinds of things to clear my skin. I've tried changing my diet, and I should probably stick with that because ultimately that's what's gonna help to take away the acne, I bet, but pooh on that. I'll be healthier later. I've also tried different treatments, non-doctor ones, cause I don't wanna go to the doctor for vanity reasons. So, I'm going to share what I've tried so far, some wacky, some not.

A long time ago, I tried Proactive. I used it for maybe a year, and for me, it wasn't the greatest. It seemed like it was working at first, but then it stopped, so I ceased using it. It was also pretty expensive after a while.

More recently, I've tried natural remedies. First stop was witch hazel. I used it for a few weeks, and it didn't really work on me. The second thing I tried was honey, and it seemed to work somewhat, but not the greatest. Granted, I only used it a few times, so it may have worked a little better, but I want a quick fix. the next thing I tried was hydrogen peroxide because I read a few reviews on it as I researched options. This actually works...sort of. It does shrink your acne and heal it faster, but it doesn't seem to prevent new pimples. Now, for the last 2 days, I've been back to trying non-natural remedies, so I'm using Clinque Acne Solutions. It's only been a couple of days now, so I have no clue if it's working, but i'll update this as I know.

Why am I writing about this? Cause I'm vain and it's frustrating me. I'm 29 and should have this problem solved. It did go away for quite a while, but I think my hormones are all out of whack and I've yet to find a good balance on it. Mood swings, headaches, cramps, all of that happen to me and I've yet to find a good pill to fix it, so until I do, it's finding other solutions to help me cope with these problems. Yes, this is the least of all my worries, but it's something that's easy to work on, while the others are a little more time consuming.

I haven't been writing as much lately-- as you can read, I'm trying to get back into it. While I doubt I'll blog every day like I used to, I'm going to try and update 3 times a week at least. That way, you can keep up with my obviously exciting life.

One other note of observation: I was watching Mike coach soccer yesterday. He was scrimmaging against the kids (so coach vs. 7 boys), and I noticed that every time he would defend the goal, his hands would automatically fly to his crotch to protect it. It was a subconscious thing, I asked him about it later and he hadn't noticed himself doing it, but it said it's an automatic response because he's gotten his gnads smooshed not protecting it before. Do all guys do this when playing soccer? I know I've seen it happen when someone is doing a penalty kick, but is it all an unconscious effort to protect one's jewels? Just thought I'd ask all you soccer boys out there.

M'kay, I'm out. See ya later kiddos.

Comments