Unemployed, Day 5

Day five has been remarkably uneventful. My dog and I walked around the park and went for a dip in the ocean. He got a bath. He went to sleep. Yawn.

Being unemployed has it's benefits-- I've caught up on all my blogs, my sleep, and even some books! It's also rather boring. I applied for another job today but it turned out to be a scam. Damn that craigslist! They always have those piece-of-crap phishing job postings that always sound too good to be true. I suppose I fell for this one because of the detail they put into the email. Grrrrrr.

I've also checked Careerbuilder & Monster and neither of them have anything that I could do or looked remotely interesting. Am I a job snob? Have I come down to this? The underpayed-elitist? Oy.

Today I'm scheduled for a facial, massage, and mani-pedi. I think I might have mentioned it before, but I'm going to mention it again because I'm looking forward to it! It'll be the first bit of relaxation (well real relaxation) I've had in a while. Should I shave my legs before going in? I suppose that would only be curteous. I suppose I should shower too, less by beachy/sweaty odor overtakes the massuese and she/he refuses to rub me down.

Speaking of rub down, I really, really need one. The bf really needs to get back from Vegas. When he gets back, the red sea will be parting once more, and since he doesn't like it messy, I'm going to have to wait another week to be fully satisfied. Grrr again.

Tonight will be a quiet night in. I have no one to watch the kiddo, but Saturday night he's with grandma, so I'm enjoying a night out with friends. I think we're going to sing horrendously then go someplace swanky. Not that I can afford swanky right now. I suppose it'll be light beer while being sneered at by snooty waiters. Le sigh.

Comments