Economic Fast Food

So it's Monday morning. It's 7:34 AM, I woke up at 6 AM and I don't have to go to work. What is wrong with me?!?!? Why am I awake at this ungodly hour when I don't have anywhere to be? My son doesn't even have to go to school (he has one of those many teacher day things), so we have no reason to be awake, yet my biological clock insists on waking me up.

On a fun little note, I have cramps. Yes, those kind of cramps where you begin lamenting those potato chips you ate that's made you bloat up like a dead whale floating in the ocean for five days. I have period cramps. I'm trying not to take anything for them, because I'd like to be as stoic as possible, but it's adding to my crankiness. I'm cranky. And I just woke up. Fear me, men.

My weekend was pretty decent-- I went to karaoke, the beach, shopping (even purchased something-- two tanktops for $12, which was a deal I could not resist, even in my $0 income state), and I got 2 xmas presents! Yay! I figure if I find good deals now for xmas, it won't be so painful later, though I'm not sure how many people are actually getting said gifts. Whomever I decide to give those two things I picked up are lucky, because they are for sure getting something. My best buds (sisters, one's in Oregon, one is here) are definitely getting something, as well as my son, the bf, the mommy and two brothers, and the male best bud are also getting something, but other than that, we'll see. Though, these people may not be getting the greatest gifts, due to economic reasons. I don't think any of them will mind, and I'll try to slip in some baked goody to make it a little better.

Wasn't that a thrilling post? I'm sure you all wanted to read about my shopping escapade. But we were talking about the economy (well, my personal economy), so I'm going to share some news about it. McDonald's profits have risen 8%. That just means we're getting poorer and are being forced to eat crap. This is something I have yet to give in to. This also means that we're all going to become obese and end up paying more when we go into the hospitals for heart attacks. People, it doesn't pay off in the end...would you rather spend a few extra dollars on salads, or spend hundreds of dollars after having your chest ripped open and fat sucked out of your clogged arteries. Sheesh. I mean, I don't have the greatest diet, but I'm definitely not a McDonald's aficionado.

Alrightly. I'm sure I'll be back on here again, but until that happens, here's an amazing picture to soothe your souls.
















Source

Comments